The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal is an equal opportunity employer. Discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability is strictly prohibited.
Overview of Position:
The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal’s Technology Department located in Gretna, Louisiana has an immediate opening for a full-time qualified programmer/developer position.
This position reports directly to the Director of IT and a Senior Developer to modify existing assets and to come up with new processes, along with providing support for locally developed applications and websites that meets the business needs of the court.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar, preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of visual design models and concepts, software development life cycle (coding, testing, designing, modifying, and adapting existing software), web design, and web services.
- Experience in the development and support of application software.
- Knowledge of Java, PHP, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL.
- Must have excellent proficiency in web/windows programming languages, preferably using the .NET Framework 4.5 and later using C# and/or VB, and PHP; must employ good coding conventions and standards.
- Must have basic image editing skills using Adobe Photoshop. Basic proficiency in other Adobe products such as, but not limited to, InDesign, Fireworks, and Illustrator, preferred.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based operating systems and the ability to also use a Mac.
- Must be able to proficiently use Microsoft Office 2013 products and later, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Installation and technical support experience in the following applications, software, and hardware: Microsoft Word, Outlook, VMWare, CISCO, Audio/Visual Equipment, and Mobile.
- Must be able to proficiently use Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 + and later.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with outstanding customer service and friendly approach to solving user issues.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with a great attention to detail.
- The ability to interact effectively with management, staff and other court personnel is essential as well as being able to work independently on projects.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure and virtualized environments, a plus.
The successful candidate must have a professional demeanor, be self-motivated, be accountable to high professional standards, and possess excellent time management and organizational skills. Duties may require working during non-business hours. Salary depending on experience. Candidates must pass background check.
Please send résumé to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.